Mike Harrison's Reviews

The Blog is dead. Long live the Blog.

Written on 07/10/2010 – 3:51 pm | by mikeharrison

No, not a post claiming that blogging is passé. Far from it my friends.Blog alive or dead

Nope. Just got a fairly cool idea of what to do with my Edublogs space now I have my own site at www.mikejharrison.com.

Pretty soon – next week or the one after – Mike Harrison’s Blog will become Mike Harrison’s Reviews (or perhaps a snappier title). In order to stop myself from simply copying content from my other site on this blog, and vice versa (and Google potentially getting cross with me), I’m going to fashion this Edublog into a magazine style platform where I can write up reviews of any of these: conferences and workshops I attend; lesson plans that I have used (not my own – I’m thinking of possibly looking at stuff from TEFL clips, Breaking News, onestopenglish, and the like); books I’m reading (ELT and non-ELT) …

So expect some changes around here in the near future! =)

Image credit: Blogs: Dead or Alive by Rachel Smith on Flickr

Tags: , ,

1. 3 Responses to “The Blog is dead. Long live the Blog.”

2.   By Cecilia Coelho on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Love the idea Mike – look forward to it!:-)

3.   By Adam on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

This sounds like a really good idea, Mike. Good luck with it, I’ll try to remember to update my links!

•   By mikeharrison on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Cecilia and Adam. Hopefully it will get me thinking a bit more critically about books, lesson plans, conferences, and so on. Also hope it will be interesting to others =)

4. Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention The Blog is dead. Long live the Blog. | Mike Harrison's Reviews -- Topsy.com

Post a Comment